Advanced Technology, Remarkable Results
If you currently suffer from tooth loss or severely damaged, decayed teeth, Dr. Cederbaum can help. Dental implants are growing in popularity—recognized as the gold standard of restorative treatments—and will change the way you feel about your smile forever.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are a remarkable solution for any patient who’s missing one or more teeth. They’ll allow you to live your best life—eating, drinking, socializing, smiling, kissing, and enjoying every day without worrying about your smile.
At Trailside Dentistry, we use high-grade materials that are known for their natural aesthetics and durability. Unlike dentures, Dr. Cederbaum surgically places implants into your jawbone, and through a process called osseointegration, your mouth will create a firm, durable bond with it.
Depending on your situation, Dr. Cederbaum provides two brands of all-ceramic crowns:
- E-MAX: This brand produces prosthetics made from lithium desilicated ceramic, which is harvested for its translucent color and durability.
- Bruxzir: These crowns are made from solid zirconia, a sturdy, tooth-colored ceramic material.
No matter which crown you and Dr. Cederbaum agree upon, we can design and manufacture it the same day as your treatment thanks to our CEREC technology.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide benefits that alternative tooth-replacement options can’t offer, including:
- Low Maintenance: There’s no particular care routine. Brush twice a day, floss after meals—like your natural teeth—and your implants will last a very long time.
- Promotes Health: Dental implants are the only tooth-replacement option that stimulates healthy jawbone growth because of the implant’s position in the jaw. Furthermore, your natural teeth won’t shift out of place, maintaining the shape of your face.
- Pain-Free: Dr. Cederbaum knows that some people get anxious about dental procedures and the sensations that accompany them. For this reason, she offers multiple forms of dental sedation, allowing you to enjoy a comfortable, pain-free treatment.
- Boosted Self-Appreciation: Suffering from tooth loss can be embarrassing and demotivating, but dental implants restore your smile so that you can live with confidence again.
- Natural Look & Feel: Dr. Cederbaum creates life-like restorations, so nobody will be able to tell the natural teeth apart from the implant—unless they knew your smile before treatment.
- No Restrictions: Since dental implants don’t require any special care and the crowns are durable, you can eat and drink whatever you want.
Among the many benefits, Dr. Cederbaum can pair dental implants with other treatments to improve their stability and cater to the patient’s unique situation. Depending on the number of teeth missing, she might recommend an implant-supported bridge or implant-supported dentures.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are accessible to more patients than ever before with over 500,000 Americans getting them each year. While almost anybody who’s missing a tooth is a candidate, there are some instances where Dr. Cederbaum will need to remedy a dental issue before you can continue the process.
For example, one of the most common issues we see is that a patient’s jawbone is too thin, lacking the bone mass to support a dental implant. Dr. Cederbaum can use bone grafting—the process of using a small piece of existing bone to grow hard tissue in the concerned area—to prepare your smile for treatment. She also might perform a sinus lift, which adds bone to the upper jaw.
Regardless, if you want to restore your smile’s natural glory, live an active life, and eat whatever you want, dental implants are likely for you. The easiest way to know for sure is by scheduling a consultation with Dr. Cederbaum. She can answer all of your questions and tell you about your treatment options.
FAQs About Your Dental Implants
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants from Dr. Cederbaum are designed to last a lifetime with proper oral care and biannual visits to our dental office.
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants will vary for each patient. If you need a preliminary procedure, that may raise costs, as well as the number of implants that need to be placed.
This can be further discussed during your consultation with Dr. Cederbaum.
How do you take care of your dental implants after the procedure?
When caring for your dental implants right after your procedure, we recommend a liquid or soft food diet, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol, and regularly rinse your mouth with warm salt water to reduce swelling.
After your initial recovery, simply brush, floss, and rinse with mouthwash twice a day to ensure your implants last a lifetime.
Are dental implants safe?
Yes, dental implants are safe. An implant is made up of biocompatible material that replaces your missing tooth root which can fully support and strengthen your jawbone and gums.
Does insurance cover my dental implants procedure?
Dental insurance providers may help you pay for a portion of your dental implant procedure, but typically they won’t cover the entire costs. It’s best to speak with your provider before you decide to move forward with treatment to ensure there aren’t any surprises along the way.
What do I do in the event of a complication with my dental implants?
In the event of a dental implant complication, you should immediately give our Seattle dental office a call. Then, Dr. Cederbaum can check for any issues and help prevent any future problems with your new smile.
Contact Dr. Cederbaum
Dental implants don’t only provide beautiful aesthetics to your smile. They also create a healthy foundation for your natural teeth to use as support. Our dental implants form a secure bond in the jawbone because of the biocompatible titanium fixture, and we top it with a beautiful, all-ceramic crown that we can create and place the same day as your treatment.
Your stunning new smile awaits. Contact Dr. Cedarbaum in our Seattle, WA office and speak with a member of our friendly staff. They can answer your questions and help you start the implant process.